August 16, 2016
Dear Families of Saint Teresa of Avila Students,
In a little more than a week the doors of Saint Teresa of Avila School will open for the 111th year to “the most important people in the world~our students!” We’re looking forward to a wonderful year!
I would like to share some information with you which I hope you will find helpful.
NEW PROFESSIONAL STAFF
- Marian Saunders will join me in sharing the administrative responsibilities of the school. Mrs. Saunders has been a long time educator and brings back to St. Teresa her love of students and of education. We will each work a half day and our schedules will vary.
- Celeste Gaber will rejoin St. Teresa’s faculty as the prekindergarten 3 teacher and she will also teach Art, prekindergarten through eighth grade. We are happy to welcome Mrs. Gaber back to the school community.
- Amanda Monnich will teach second grade. She is a graduate of Westminster College and has her Master’s degree in reading from Edinboro University. She has taught in schools in Virginia and is excited to join the St. Teresa family.
- Erica Seigneur will teach science and health in Grades 5-8, and physical education, K-8. She is a graduate of Grove City College and is pursuing her Master’s degree at LaRoche. She has taught at Aquinas Academy and other schools in the area. She, too, is excited to begin her time with us.
- Susan Noker, our morning care supervisor, will be the aide in kindergarten.
All of the above women are credentialed educators and we welcome them to their roles within our school.
OPENING DAYS INFORMATION
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016 will be the first day of school. Extended morning care will be available at 7:00 a.m. Main doors will open at 8:00 a.m. Dismissal on the first day is 11:15 followed by a faculty meeting at 12:15 p.m. Dress code will be followed on the first day.
- Lunch on August 25 and 26 will be “brown bag’ so each student will have to bring a lunch. The cafeteria will not be available on those days.
- Bus transportation information will come to you from your public school district. If you have not yet received your information, please call the district to request that information from the transportation department.
On the first day of school you will receive a large packet of information as well as several forms to complete. Please complete the forms and return them to school in a timely fashion. All of the information we request is necessary and important and we thank you for your cooperation.
It has been good to see many of you who have stopped in to school for various reasons.
We are all looking forward to a wonderful academic school year as we move forward in the great adventure that is Catholic education!
Sister Karen R. Brink, OSB, Principal