Dear Saint Teresa of Avila Families,
SAFETY/SECURITY CONCERN In following our concern for safety of all of our students and staff, and in light of the recent school tragedy in San Bernardino, CA, we are reminding all of our parents and adult relatives of the following procedures:
- When entering the building for any business, always use the doors at the main office.
- When coming in for anything other than dropping something off at the office, sign in at the counter
- If you have something that needs delivered to a student, inform whoever is in the office and a call will be made to the student’s room and the student will come to pick up the item.
- Adults are asked not to go to the classrooms or lockers of the students unless a previous appointment has been made with the teacher.
- If it is necessary to speak to a student, he or she will be called to the office
- Parents of other adults are asked not to go to a student lockers
We hope you will agree that all of the above are not new and that they are for the protection of all of our students and staff.
Thanks for your cooperation in these very important matters.
MORNING DROP OFF If your children are arriving by car (or other vehicle), please wait until 8:00 a.m., when either Mrs. Saunders or Sister Karen is outside to greet them. There is no adult supervision available before 8:00 and, of course, we want our students to be safe.
DRESS DOWN DAYS Tomorrow, April 20, 2017, is our monthly “birthday gift” for our 111th birthday. For a donation of $1.11 students may have an “early shorts day” tomorrow.
Also, for obvious reasons, students/staff may “dress in black and gold …or Penguin…dress” on Friday, April 21, 2017.
REGIONALIZATION NEWS SHADOW DAYS The shadow day for our students in grades 4-7 went well and now our younger students will have their day at St. Sebastian, tomorrow, April 20. Please notify both St. Sebastian and our school if you are planning to attend.
OPEN HOUSE An Open House is being planned for Sunday, April 23, at the St. Sebastian site from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. and at St. Teresa from 3:00-4:30 p.m.
REGISTRATION Thanks to all who have returned your registration form or your “plan” sheet. Please complete your registration form and return it to school as soon as possible. Placement of teachers is dependent on accurate registration numbers. Only those who have completed the forms along with the fee are placed on rosters on any of the schools.
As this process continues to move forward, we have followed the directives of the diocese in communicating information concerning this process. We will continue in this mode moving forward.
SAVE THE DATE Our PTG is planning A Titan Celebration on Sunday, May 28, 2017, following the 10:00 a.m. Mass. Expect Food, Fun and Fellowship
Sister Karen Brink, OSB